Report Week #10

Hi, dear supporters! It’s time for the week #10 report!

This week I had a Birthday, and a few days didn’t work on my game. However, it still was done a lot!

I purchased a Scrivener. I could use it for free for about 20 more days but decided not to delay buying it. The application is cool. I just regret that I didn’t get it earlier, and I now have to transfer all my data to Scrivener.

I finished both watersport scenes. The first scene is Lisa’s imagination after watching the related video. Lisa’s Dolly and her orc-friend also love watersport games. Dolly eagerly invites Lisa to join them. How could Lisa refuse it?

The second scene is a “real” event. Lisa can’t stop thinking about watersport videos; she is even wondering about the taste of her own fluids. I’m reminding you that all hard stuff is 100% avoidable.

The last scene for the upcoming update is playing with anal beads. All static renders are finished, including inserting all ten beads and taking them out – one by one, a few renders per bead, 207 renders in total.

I’m updating the existing animations adding to them anal beads. Thus, Lisa will be able, for example, to hump her pillow while the anal beads are still inside.

I decided to change the concept of animations. I said about this before, and I continue this concept with anal beads animations. Thus, instead of showing a lot of short animations, I combine them into one much more “professional” and longer video. The duration of such a video is about 30 seconds or even longer.

The disadvantage of this method is that these videos have quite big sizes. That’s why I decided to change the video format to *.webm. It’s a modern video format with a great compression-to-quality ratio. I tried to do this before, but I didn’t find any application that could convert to  *.webm with 1080p and 60 fps. I tried out a lot of applications but always received shitty results. The only option was FFmpeg, but I was afraid of using it – the manual contained too many letters.

This time I installed FFmpeg. I found a few tutorials on converting image series to video and converting mp4 to WebM. I still know nothing about working with FFmpeg, but I managed to join these methods and got the command string that converts image series to 1080p 60 fps WebM in good quality in a Windows environment. The string is:

ffmpeg -r 60 -s 1920×1080 -thread_queue_size 1024 -i %15d.png -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v 2M -pass 1 -an -f null NUL && ^

ffmpeg -r 60 -s 1920×1080 -thread_queue_size 1024 -i %15d.png -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v 2M -pass 2 -c:a libopus output.webm

%15d – the name of images in DAIN format (000000000000000.png, 000000000000001.png, …, 000000000000010.png, 000000000000011.png, …)

To convert to 30 fps 1024p webm when the source is a series of jpg-files set_x_000000.jpg, set_x_000001.jpg, …, set_x_000010.jpg, set_x_000011.jpg…) use this string:

ffmpeg -r 30 -s 1920×1080 -thread_queue_size 2048 -i set_x_%6d.jpg -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v 2M -pass 1 -an -f null NUL && ^

ffmpeg -r 30 -s 1920×1080 -thread_queue_size 2048 -i set_x_%6d.jpg -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v 2M -pass 2 -c:a libopus output.webm

Feel free to use it if you need it. A 30-sec 1080p 30 fps WebM video is only 7.4 Mb, which is a remarkable result!

In this way, I’ve finished all static renders; the animations are almost done, and I hope to finish them very soon. Thus, I’m starting to revise the script, proofreading, translating, coding, and testing this week.

We’re one week closer to the release! Stay safe.

Your zegamez.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *